A certified meditation teacher leads a daily, guided meditation course helping you cultivate compassion, peace awareness, and focus.
You are connected to your teacher and a small group of other meditators via a conference call. No apps, no struggle - and we call you to meditation daily.
Your live meditation teacher will guide you through meditation, and lead group check ins. You're known by your name - not a user id.
You don't have to go anywhere to have a live group meditation experience. Your teacher and fellow meditators come to you daily.
MTTI’s curriculum includes explorations of basic Eastern wisdom and practices, the interface of meditation with western psychology and cutting-edge science, and the development of teaching skills and guidance in establishing classes and workshops. The curriculum was drawn largely from Eastern wisdom traditions but was steeped in practices applicable in most secular and religious domains.
Extensive 2 year program was taught by internationally acclaimed master teachers Tara Brach, Jonathan Foust, Pat Coffey and Hugh Byrne.
The advisory board is composed of leaders of meditation institutions, authors and some of the world's most well known meditation teachers including Ruth King, Joseph Goldstein, Rick Hanson, Jack Cornfield, Sharon Salzberg and more.
Program included 8 retreats, 24 monthly sessions, intensive study, group support and senior teacher mentoring..
- All graduates from the program have at least 5 years meditation experience and have completed at least one long retreat (7+ days).
EMI’s curriculum emphasizes a secular, trauma-informed and socially engaged approach to teaching mindfulness and facilitating various mindfulness-based interventions. The program integrates classic mindfulness, awareness and compassion training from eastern contemplative traditions with cutting edge developments in psychology, mindful communication, neuroscience and trauma treatment.
The EMI teacher training emphasizes a deep grounding in personal practice and thorough training in effective, safe and ethical teaching and facilitation skills. EMI certified mindfulness teachers embrace a lifelong journey as practitioner-teachers committed to continually deepening their capacity to hold a safe space for those they support in discovering their own path with mindful and compassionate living.
- Extensive 2 year program directed and led by internationally renowned, master meditation teacher and engaged mindfulness pioneer Fleet Maull along with a core faculty of senior teachers, all having more than 30 years experience, including EMI cofounder and Prison Mindfulness Institute executive director Kate Crisp, senior MBSR teacher trainer Janet Solyntjes, senior meditation teachers Doug McCanne, Lisa Stanley and Steve Vosper, and licensed clinicians and senior meditation teachers Jim Bastian and David Parrish.
- The online faculty includes some of the world's best known meditation teachers and mindfulness focused clinicians: Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzberg, Joseph Goldstein, Joan Halifax, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Angel Kyodo Williams, Fleet Maull, Leslie Booker, Gaylon Ferguson, Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyal, Rhonda Magee, Vinny Ferraro, Melissa Blacker, Rick Hanson, Saki Santorelli, Diana Winston, Dan Siegel, Kelly McGonigal, Richie Davidson, Bessel Van der Kolk, Pat Ogden, Adam Lobel and many more. The faculty also includes engaged mindfulness master teachers and practitioners doing mindfulness based work and service with at-risk and incarcerated youth, veterans, prisoners, abused women, law enforcement and first responders, addicts and homeless persons.
- Program includes three weeklong retreats and one 10-day retreat, 42 online modules, a robust online community of practice with weekly engagement, bi-monthly video-conference small learning groups (faculty led), intensive study, and one-on-one mentoring by senior teachers.
- All graduates from the program have at least 5 years meditation experience and have completed at least one long retreat (9+ days).